One more year these dates are coming so marked in the calendar, we provide all the available information of religious acts in Avilés, Gijón and Oviedo.
Holy Week Avilés 2018
Exhibition »Holy Week. The Passion of Christ in Aviles: 1943-2018 ″ the 6 2 March to April.
Museum of the Urban History of Avilés (C / Ferrería, 35). From Tuesday to Friday from 10: 30 to 13: 30 and from 16 to 20 hours. Saturdays from 11.00 to 13: 30 and from 16 to 20: 00 hours. Sundays and holidays from 11 to 13: 30 hours. During the days of Holy Week this schedule will be extended. Organized by the Board of Brotherhoods and Brotherhoods of the Holy Week of Avilés.
Sunday March 25:
· Procession of La Borriquilla. 11.45 hours. Place of departure: Church of San Antonio de Padua (Franciscan parents).
· Procession of the brotherhood of the Most Holy Christ of Truth and Life carrying a new step that represents the image of Jesus in the Garden of Los Olivos. 19: 00 hours. Place: Cristo Rey Parish.
Lunes de marzo 26:
· Procession of Jesus Captive. 20.45 hours. Place of departure: Church of San Antonio de Padua (Franciscan parents).
Wednesday March 28:
· Procession of the Santo Encuentro. 20.30 hours. Place of departure: Capilla de Galiana - La Ferrería - Church of San Nicolás de Bari.
Thursday March 29:
· Procession Via Crucis. 00: 01 hours (Wednesday night through Thursday). Chapel of Jesusín de Galiana.
· Procession of Silence. 20.30 hours. Church of San Nicolás de Bari.
· Procession The Kiss of Judas. 12.30 hours. Place of departure: Church of San Nicolás de Bari.
Friday March 30:
· Procession Virgen de la Soledad. 21.30 hours. Place of departure: Santo Tomás de Canorbery Parish Church (Sabugo).
· Procession of the Holy Burial. 17.30 hours, after the unlocking ceremony. Place of departure: Church of San Nicolás de Bari.
Saturday March 31:
· Procession of the Resurrection. 22.00 hours. Place of departure: San Antonio de Padua Church - Chapel of Rivero - St. Thomas of Canterbury Church.
Then a joint procession of the three images and their brotherhoods in the Chamber, San Bernardo and arrival at the Plaza de Camposagrado. In this Plaza will take place the ceremony of Farewell to the Risen Jesus of his Mother and the Apostle Peter. From there, each Brotherhood will return to their headquarters.
Sunday April 1: Parades of Carriages.
Monday April 2: Float Parades. Community food in the street, «Bollu Day».
Holy Week Gijón 2018
Palm Sunday. Music Band, 11.30 h. in the Jovellanos square. Blessing of the bouquets in the Chapel of the Remedies, 12.15 h. and procession of La Borriquilla.
Holy Tuesday. Procession of Silence, 21 h. in San Pedro.
Holy Wednesday. Procession of the Meeting with exit to the 20 hours in the headquarters of the confraternities to converge to the 21 h. in the Plaza del Marqués.
Holy Thursday. Procession of the Way of the Cross, 20 h. in San Pedro.
Holy Friday. Procesión del Santo Entierro, 20 h. in San Pedro and de los Dolores, 20.15 h. from the Chapel of Solitude.
Holy Saturday. Procession of Solitude, 9 h. in San Pedro.
Easter Sunday. Encounter, 12.15 h. in Campo Valdés and mass, 13 h. in San Pedro.
Semana Santa Oviedo 2018
THE ABAD of Covadonga, MID ADOLFO MARIÑO GUTIERREZ, will be the pregonero of the next Holy Week of Oviedo. This was agreed by the Board of Fraternities and Brotherhoods of Holy Week in Oviedo. The proclamation will pronounce it the March 15, at the 20.00 hours in the Asturias Press Club of the NEW SPAIN.
Palm Sunday. Procession of La Borriquilla, 11 h. in San Pedro de los Arcos. Procession of the Most Holy Christ of Mercy, 17 h. in San Francisco Javier de la Tenderina.
Holy Monday. Predation Procession, 20 h. in San Francisco Javier.
Holy Tuesday. Procession of Silence, 20.30 h. in Santa María Real de la Corte.
Holy Wednesday. Procession of the Nazarene, 20 h. in San Pedro Mestallón.
Holy Thursday. Procession of Jesus Captive, 20.15 h. in San Juan el Real.
Holy Friday. La Madrugá, at midnight of the Chapel of the Historical Building of the University. Santo Entierro, 18 h. of San Isidro el Real.
Holy Saturday. Procession of Solitude, 10 h. in San Isidoro el Real.
Easter Sunday. Mass and procession of the Resurrected Jesus, 13.15 h. of the Cathedral.
Extraordinary concert Holy Week in Oviedo
Under the direction of Perry So, the evening will feature the performance of soprano Isabel Rey, mezzo Ana Ibarra, tenor Pablo Bemsch, baritone David Menéndez and the Choral Society of Bilbao.
Prince Felipe Auditorium, March 23, 20: 00 hours.
Holy Week Covadonga 2018
Palm Sunday. Blessing of Ramos, Procession and Eucharist, 12 hours.
Holy Thursday. Evening Mass of the Lord's Supper, 18 h.
Holy Friday. Celebration of the Passion of the Lord, 17 h. and Prayer before the Cross, 19 h. with the Escolanía.
Holy Saturday. Office and Lauds to the 10 h., Via Crucis to the 12 h., Vespers to the 18.30 h., Easter Vigil to the 22.30 h.
Easter Sunday. Solemn Mass of Easter, 12 h.
Holy Week Grao 2018
Palm Sunday. Blessing of Ramos in the church square, at 13 hours.
Holy Monday. Penitential Celebration of Lent, at 19 hours, in the church of Grado.
Holy Wednesday. Via Processional Crucis with the images of Jesus Nazareno and the Sorrowful Virgin, at 20 hours.
Holy Thursday. Mass of the Lord's Supper, at 19 hours and Holy Hour at 22 hours.
Good Friday. Trades of the Passion, from the 18.30 hours, from the 20.30 hours, Procession of the Seven Words, with the Holy Christ of the Good Death and the Sorrowful Virgin.
Holy Saturday. Soledad de María, at 9 hours. At the 21 hours, Easter Vigil.
If you want to know more about the Holy Week in Ribadesella we have all the info, the celebrations and acts.
If you want to know more about the Holy Week in Llanes we have all the info, the celebrations and acts.
If you want to know more about the Holy Week in Infiesto we have all the info, the celebrations and acts.