The 29 of September will celebrate the sixth edition of the TraVespera. It is an annual test that takes a tour of233 kms. around the Picos de Europa, uploaded to a Vespa or an older Lambreta, with driver and passenger.
They are 8 hours of crossing and 1.750 m. of maximum altitude.
The route begins in Cangas de Onís and travels places of great beauty of León, Cantabria and Asturias.
To participate in the TraVespera does not need any special requirement, you simply have to pay the registration and participate with your Vespa or Lambretta, although they also admit replicas of the same of other brands, with a similar image.
Being a high mountain route, it is necessary that you come with garments that insulate well against water and cold. The route runs along roads that can sometimes have a steep slippery or steep slopes, so caution must be exercised during its journey, and all indications of the Organization must be respected.
29 OF SEPTEMBER
From the 8 hours, open registration table.
-At the 10 hours, after a small talk, departure to the Roman Bridge of the town where an exit protocol will be followed and Asturias Patria Querida will be sung.
-There will be a small tour around Cangas de Onis and then you will leave the N-625 towards Puerto del Pontón.
- (11: 30h) (50 kms) 30min stop. In the Port of Panderrueda.
- (12: 00h) (20 kms) Exit direction to Cain, whoever wants to stay in Posada de Valdeón, the food will take place in the sports center of said town.
- (13: 00h) Arrival in Cain where we have at the entrance an EXCLUSIVE parking area (attentive to the security bikes that will indicate)
- (14: 30h) Food in Posada de Valdeón, in the sports center.
- (16: 00h) Departure from Posada de Valdeón.
- (16: 40h) (10 kms) Stop and regroup the Pandetrave viewpoint.
- (17: 15h) (22 kms) Climb to the Collado de Llesba where an 30min stop will be made.
- (17: 45h) Output to Potes.
- (18: 15h) (30 kms) Arrival at Friends, we advise those who need it to stop to refuel at the gas station at the exit of Potes.
THE FOLLOWING GAS STATION IS IN ARENAS DE CABRALES at 168 km from the exit (Cangas de Onís).
Here we ask you to try to be self-sufficient and take a small carafe to have the controlled fuel, so you will avoid stopping to refuel and wait for queues ..., you can refuel with your carafe at lunchtime, for example ...
Those who stop at these gas stations do it occupying one of the tracks in case a car arrives to refuel ...
- (19: 30h) (50kms) arrival at Arenas de Cabrales where the City Council prepares us a pincheo with typical products of the area.
- (20: 30h) Departure from Arenas de Cabrales towards Cangas de Onís.
- (30kms) On the 21: 15 hours we will arrive at Cangas de Onís where we will regroup to enter all together in the town to finally arrive at the arrival party at the zero point of #LaTraVespera.
Photo taken from the official website.