If we want to climb to the Lakes of Covadonga we must take into account that access is regulated. A fleet of buses guarantees the movement of all visitors between Cangas de Onís, Covadonga and the lakes. This year as a novelty both the information points and the Pedro Pidal Visitor Reception Center will be open and the cleaning service will also work.
The period of restriction of access by private vehicle - except for authorized ones - goes up to 167 days throughout 2020.
· Every weekend of April and May.
· Holy Week, from April 6 to 10.
May 1, May Bridge.
· From June 1 to October 15, both included.
· Every weekend of October.
· November 1 and 2, coinciding with the bridge of the Dead.
· From December 5 to 9, coinciding with the bridge of the Constitution.
With opening dates Without restrictions:
· On July 25, coinciding with the Fiesta del Pastor in Vega del Enol.
· On September 8, Asturias Day.
Adding other days of holding sports events such as the Cycle Touring Classics.
The road cut of the Lagos de Covadonga will be made from 8.30 to 21 hours from April to October, and from 8.30 to 19 hours November and December.
Buses leave from Cangas de Onís Bus Station, where there is parking, and from three other points along the way to the Sanctuary of Covadonga.
*** The climb is restricted, but the descent is free, those cars that have climbed before the closure of the road can go down whenever they want.
· Parking of vehicles in the authorized parking spaces (valid all day): 2 € / car.
· Adult bus ticket (valid all day): 9 €.
· Bus ticket minor of 12 years (valid all day): 3,50 €.
· Minus bus ticket of 3 years (valid all day): free.
· Bus ticket Cangas de Onís-Covadonga (one way): 1,55 €.
The restriction is for all motor vehicles: motorcycles, cohes and motorhomes. Bicycles have free climb.