Making a ranking of the best beaches in Asturias is not easy, there are many beaches that deserve the honor of being on the list. Here we detail some that we highlight because they are special.
Asturias has more than two hundred beaches on its coast. Most of them are among the most natural and best preserved in Spain, and practically all of them stand out for some specific reason: for their beauty, for their wild character in numerous cases, for being popular and popular in others, for their great size, for being coletas coquetas ... Making a list with the best beaches in Asturias is a very difficult task but let's try it.
Best surfing beaches in Asturias
In the western zone deserve a mention: the beach of Peñarronda in Castropol, the beach of La Grande in Tapia de Casariego, the beach of Cueva and the beach of Otur in Valdés, the Frexulfe beach and Navia beach in the municipality of Navia.
In the central zone of the Asturian coast highlight: beaches of Salinas and El Espartal in Castrillón. Oriented to the Northwest like most of the best surfer beaches of Asturias, it is considered the most appropriate for surfing.
· The beaches of Verdicio and Xagó in Gozón.
· The beach of San Lorenzo of Gijón. Urban and busy beach, one of the largest in Asturias with 1,5 km long. Peñarrubia and El Mongol, also in Gijón.
· Spain Beach in Villaviciosa; where Rodiles beach is located, one of the best beaches in northern Spain for this sport.
More info The beach of Rodiles
In the eastern zone of Asturias mention: the beaches of Santa Marina and Vega in Ribadesella, and the beach of San Antolín in Llanes.
Beautiful beaches of Asturias
· The beach of Porcía, Tapia de Casariego.
· The beach of Porcía has deserved fame of being one of the most beautiful of the Asturian West, it has several islands: Isla Grande, Isla Pequeña and Gavioteiro. It is also a refuge for migratory birds and has an enormous natural and scenic value.
More info The beach of Porcía
· The beach of Silencio or Gaviero, Cudillero.
Fine golden sand combines with gravel and boulders. To access it we must leave our vehicle in the vicinity of the town of Castañeras and descend by steep stairs. It has a shell shape and a length that does not exceed 500 meters in length. Half a kilometer loaded with charms.
It is located in the western half of the council of Cudillero, to Poniente del Cabo Vidio. The nearest towns are Castañeras and Novellana.
More info The beach of Silence
· Beach of Cuevas del Mar, Llanes.
The mouth of the small river Ereba forms a very interesting karstic landscape of great beauty.
More info Beach of Cuevas del Mar
· Beach of Barro, Llanes.
It is a semi-urban beach with high public interest in summer season due to its proximity to the town of Llanes. It is ideal to approach with children because its waves are always moderate.
More info Beach of Barro
· Gulpiyuri Beach, Llanes.
Small semicircular beach formed by a closed dolina and surrounded by cliffs, hidden in a spectacular environment. It has been declared a Natural Monument. You can only walk from San Antolín beach or from Naves and its isolation has allowed the relatively good conservation that it presents today.
More info How to get to Gulpiyuri Beach
Text: © Ramón Molleda for desdeasturias.com