The carnival festivities are approaching and here we give you all the information on the parades, brass bands, concerts ... to be able to organize your agenda.
We detail the events of Gijón and Avilés at the moment, when we have all the information of Oviedo we send it to you.
Antroxu de Gijón
· XXVIII Children's Costume Contest
Sunday 23 February 16:30 p.m. at the Jovellanos Theater.
Registration on Sunday, February 23 from 15:00 p.m. at the entrance of the Jovellanos Theater.
XXXIII Charangas Contest
Saturday 22nd and Sunday 23rd of February from 19:00 p.m. at the Jovellanos Theater.
And the Monday February 24 from 19:00 p.m. inside the Parade d'Antroxu.
Registration from November 25 to February 12 at 14:00 p.m. Last day to deliver the letters: February 12 at 14:00 p.m.
Ticket sales for the contest at the Jovellanos Theater box office: from Thursday, February 20 at 09:30 a.m. in the morning.
(Entrance patio seats and mezzanine: € 5. General: € 4. Maximum 4 tickets per person).
Registrations will be formalized at the Casa de La Palmera (C / Cabrales 82) or through the email: email@example.com indicating in the subject of the message; charangas contest registration.
· XXXII Float Competition
Monday February 24 from 19:00 p.m. in the Parade d'Antroxu.
Registration from November 25 to February 12 at 14:00 p.m.
Registrations will be formalized at the Casa de La Palmera (C / Cabrales 82) or through the email: firstname.lastname@example.org indicating in the subject of the message; float contest registration.
· XXVI Children's Parade
Saturday February 22 from 12:00 h. (Performance 5 m per group) and 23 Sunday of February, parade from 12:30 h.
Registration from November 25 to February 12 from 12:00 h. at 14:00 p.m.
Ticket sales for the contest at the Jovellanos Theater ticket offices from Friday, February 21 at 12:00 h.
(Ticket: € 3. Maximum 2 tickets per person). Registration will be formalized at the Casa de la Palmera (C / Cabrales, 82).
Antroxu of Oviedo
· Tuesday, February 25. Children's Carnival at the Children's Palace
From 16:30 p.m. at 20 h.
Fantasy makeup workshop and hat workshop. Magic, circus, and humor, and endless games and adventures. Many surprises for attendees.
Costume contests: individual, couples and groups. End of party dance in the entrance hall.
· Saturday February 29th. Carnival parade and contest for adults
· Parade and Costume Contest
Adult categories: individual, couples, groups and Social Centers.
With the participation of brass bands, contestants, bands and courtship of the “Entierro de la Sardina”. 17:00 hours.
Itinerary: Marquina Viaduct, Independence, Uría, San Francisco, Eusebio González Abascal, Cathedral Square.
· Presentation of the Costume Contest and DJ session by Fernandisco.
Burial of the Sardine Ritual.
18:00 p.m. Cathedral Square
· Concert "The Band of the Inhuman Captain".
21:00 p.m. Cathedral Square
· "Gastronomic Days of Antroxu in Oviedo”, To increase consumption of the Antroxu Menu, which has already established itself as a tourist reference during the Carnival festivities in the city. The date of celebration is on Tuesday, February 25, 2020 (Tuesday of Antroxu) and from Friday, February 28 to Sunday, March 1.
Antroxu de Avilés
February 19, 2020, Wednesday Sardinero: inauguration, delivery of the Natural Herring Sardines to the Kings of Goxu and Faba. There are also parades of mazcaritos, moxigangues and fanfarries.
Verbena with the Talisman Orchestra, in the Plaza Mayor de Llaranes.
February 20, 2020, Thursday of Comadres: it is the day when women meet for lunch and dinner. In this "Thursday of comadreo" there are snacks and dinners of comadres throughout the region.
February 21, 2020, Coronation Friday: proclamation and coronation of the Kings of the Goxu and the Faba. La Vieya - a rag doll that resembles an old woman - is planted in the center of Avilés, being visible to all. It is the official beginning of the antroxu proper.
· February 22, 2020, Galiana river descent.
· The XXXIII International and River Descent of Galiana Street will bring together a total of 25 gadgets, the largest participation in recent years. It will begin at 18.30 p.m.
· Verbena with the Asturian orchestra Assia, 22.30 hours.
February 23, 2020, Carnival Sunday:
· Ginkana automovilística d'Antroxu and the “Olim-Piara”, where the residents participate in the most absurd and fun competitions.
February 24, 2020, Carnival Monday: murgas, brass bands and fanfares run through the city. Gastronomic Days (Antroxu Menus) in various restaurants.
· «Inma» It will liven up the night at 23.00 p.m.
· The "Tekila" orchestra will animate El Parche.
February 25, 2020, Tuesday of Carnival: is the day of Great Parade of Antroxu, where vehicles and neighbors in disguise meet on their journey through the streets.
Disco music, this time with «Renovation Experience». The early morning music show on the 25th will begin at 00.30:XNUMX hours.
February 26, 2020, Ash Wednesday: wake and burial of the sardine. The powers are given to the Prince of the Goxu and the Faba, who will be in charge of choosing the setting and organizing the next antroxu. La Vieya is burned and a final thunderstorm takes place.