The Baroque style building is surprising for its nobiliary sobriety but also for the warm earthy tone of its walls. Between the two crenellated towers extends the central body of the palace, with the variegated and rich decoration of the baroque: imposts, pinnacles, coat of arms, balconies framed in mixtilinear moldings, and on the ground floor a beautiful porticoed gallery with five arches.
Inside is no less surprising, because the narrow corners that open to small ashlar windows contrast with large rooms dedicated to art, in which the spatial amplitude is multiplied with the imagination, delighting us with the exhibition material, always of first artistic category, that hangs from its walls .
The building was declared in 1974, next to the collegiate church of San Juan that has annexed, National Historic Site. It was built at the beginning of the 18th century, on the initiative of Carlos Miguel Ramírez de Jove, first Marquis of San Esteban del Mar del Natahoyo (title granted by Felipe V in 1707). In the construction of the building took advantage of the family tower of the west, erected in the last years of the Middle Ages, and completed the palace with the addition of the tower on the right, in imitation of the primitive, and a central body arranged between both .
Being in the neighborhood of Cimadevilla is almost an obligation, for walkers who try to know Gijón slowly, enter to check that the palace is as beautiful on the inside as on the outside and approaching the exposed works that always leave in the retina the Novel expressions of current art.
Plaza del Marqués, 2
Contact phone number : 985 34 69 21